Dr James Dowling of Sick Kids, Toronto, Canada has been a recipient of grants from the Myotubular Trust in both 2014 and 2015 to research a potential treatment for myotubular myopathy. Dr Dowling has been working on proving the effect of reducing levels of the phosphoinositide called PI(3)P on reducing the symptoms of myotubular myopathy. Results to date are very encouraging and this was work published in the high impact journal, JCI The Journal of Clinical Investigations, in August 2016.
PLEASE DONATECLICK HERE
NEWS & UPDATES
- Reducing DNM2 as a novel therapeutic target for centronuclear myopathy – an end of grant report by Dr Jocelyn Laporte and teamOctober 15, 2018In 2015 the Myotubular Trust awarded a 3 year grant to Dr Jocelyn Laporte and his team at the world renowned laboratory, IGBMC, in Strasbourg, […]
- Fita Alta Madness 3 for LlucOctober 15, 2018For the third consecutive year, we extend our heartfelt thanks to our friends at Fita Alta Madness – Jordi Balagué, Lluís Roselló , Dani Mateu […]
- Audentes Therapeutics Announces New Positive Interim Data from ASPIROOctober 5, 2018Today, 5th October, Audentes announced that continued positive results have been achieved in ASPIRO – the Phase 1/2 clinical trial of AT132 for […]
- OFFICE FUNDRAISER INSPIRED BY A MYOTUBULAR TRUST T-SHIRTSeptember 20, 2018Our long term supporter, Harvey Tanday, contacted us just weeks ago to let us know that colleagues in his office were arranging an office cake sale […]
- Yassar takes on the Tough Mudder Challenge…. and wins!September 11, 2018Heartfelt thanks and congratulations to Yasser Mohammed who recently completed a Tough Mudder challenge, and raised a substantial amount in […]