Dr James Dowling of Sick Kids, Toronto, Canada has been a recipient of grants from the Myotubular Trust in both 2014 and 2015 to research a potential treatment for myotubular myopathy. Dr Dowling has been working on proving the effect of reducing levels of the phosphoinositide called PI(3)P on reducing the symptoms of myotubular myopathy. Results to date are very encouraging and this was work published in the high impact journal, JCI The Journal of Clinical Investigations, in August 2016.
PLEASE DONATECLICK HERE
NEWS & UPDATES
- Audentes Therapeutics Reports Second Quarter 2018 Financial Results and Provides Update on ASPIRO, the Phase 1/2 Clinical Trial of AT132 in Patients w…August 7, 2018Audentes Therapeutics announced continuing positive interim data from the group of patients receiving the first dose of the gene therapy clinical […]
- Presentations from the European Family Conference 2018 are now uploadedJuly 22, 2018Leading researchers and clinicians from Europe, US and Canada presented their latest work in London on the weekend of the 14th & 15th July. The […]
- MTM Rock ‘n’ Roll, inspired by LlucJuly 21, 2018A wonderful fundraising story from our friends in Catelonia. You guys rock! Massive, massive thanks. “It is said that music soothes the savage […]
- Good times : London Marathon 2018!July 2, 2018We were very fortunate this year to have had two London Marathon runners – Tom Deakin and Leigh Jones. Tom ran in memory of his little nephew, […]
- Patrick has been running….a lot…in memory of JoshuaJune 21, 2018Long term supporter, Patrick Scrivens, has been fundraising for the Trust since 2011 in honour of Joshua who was a regular customer in his barbers […]