Carolyn is a qualified social worker, complementary therapist and counsellor. She is registered with both HCPC and BACP. Carolyn also has a diploma in counselling supervision and certificate in Family Systems work. Carolyn has worked with children and family throughout her career for over 30 years, including working at the Royal Marsden Hospital paediatric department for 10 years. For the past 10 years Carolyn has worked as a counsellor at Shooting Star Chase Children’s Hospice and is the team leader for the Therapy Team. This role involved 1:1 support for adults and young people as well as facilitating groups for siblings, grandparents and parents whose children are using the hospice service or are bereaved. She also trains and supports the care team. Carolyn also does some sessional work for Jigsaw South East – a service for bereaved children in Surrey and has co-run bereavement groups, facilitated training and supervised staff.
PLEASE DONATECLICK HERE
NEWS & UPDATES
- Reducing DNM2 as a novel therapeutic target for centronuclear myopathy – an end of grant report by Dr Jocelyn Laporte and teamOctober 15, 2018In 2015 the Myotubular Trust awarded a 3 year grant to Dr Jocelyn Laporte and his team at the world renowned laboratory, IGBMC, in Strasbourg, […]
- Fita Alta Madness 3 for LlucOctober 15, 2018For the third consecutive year, we extend our heartfelt thanks to our friends at Fita Alta Madness – Jordi Balagué, Lluís Roselló , Dani Mateu […]
- Audentes Therapeutics Announces New Positive Interim Data from ASPIROOctober 5, 2018Today, 5th October, Audentes announced that continued positive results have been achieved in ASPIRO – the Phase 1/2 clinical trial of AT132 for […]
- OFFICE FUNDRAISER INSPIRED BY A MYOTUBULAR TRUST T-SHIRTSeptember 20, 2018Our long term supporter, Harvey Tanday, contacted us just weeks ago to let us know that colleagues in his office were arranging an office cake sale […]
- Yassar takes on the Tough Mudder Challenge…. and wins!September 11, 2018Heartfelt thanks and congratulations to Yasser Mohammed who recently completed a Tough Mudder challenge, and raised a substantial amount in […]