Dr James Dowling of Sick Kids, Toronto, Canada has been a recipient of grants from the Myotubular Trust in both 2014 and 2015 to research a potential treatment for myotubular myopathy. Dr Dowling has been working on proving the effect of reducing levels of the phosphoinositide called PI(3)P on reducing the symptoms of myotubular myopathy. Results to date are very encouraging and this was work published in the high impact journal, JCI The Journal of Clinical Investigations, in August 2016.
PLEASE DONATECLICK HERE
NEWS & UPDATES
- Please join us for two Hope Walks in September, in Devon & IrelandAugust 14, 2019Every year the Myotubular Trust organises their own walking event called the ‘Hope Walk’ in London over a weekend in May. This year, we […]
- Four Cyclists ‘RideLondon 46’ in loving memory of OliverAugust 14, 2019On Sunday 4th August, four very close friends – Tomas, Charlie, Jonathan and Matthew – completed the RideLondon 46 in memory of Tomas’s son, […]
- Dynacure Receives Orphan Drug Designation from the US FDA for DYN101, an Antisense Medicine to Treat Rare Disease ‘Centronuclear Myopathies’August 8, 2019Company expects to initiate Phase 1 / 2 study ‘Unite-CNM’ in 2H2019 Today, August 8, 2019, Dynacure, a clinical stage drug development company […]
- London 10K 2019 – Smiles All Round From Our Fantastic Runners!August 7, 2019On July 21st the Westminster London 10k run took place, attracting over 30,000 runners of all abilities, amongst which were several wonderful […]
- Announcing the next European Family Conference in Frankfurt in May 2020July 22, 2019#TogetherEvenStronger2020 (PDF) Download Save The Date for the European MTM-CNM Family Conference 21-24 May 2020 […]