Carolyn is a qualified social worker, complementary therapist and counsellor. She is registered with both HCPC and BACP. Carolyn also has a diploma in counselling supervision and certificate in Family Systems work. Carolyn has worked with children and family throughout her career for over 30 years, including working at the Royal Marsden Hospital paediatric department for 10 years. For the past 10 years Carolyn has worked as a counsellor at Shooting Star Chase Children’s Hospice and is the team leader for the Therapy Team. This role involved 1:1 support for adults and young people as well as facilitating groups for siblings, grandparents and parents whose children are using the hospice service or are bereaved. She also trains and supports the care team. Carolyn also does some sessional work for Jigsaw South East – a service for bereaved children in Surrey and has co-run bereavement groups, facilitated training and supervised staff.
PLEASE DONATECLICK HERE
NEWS & UPDATES
- Second published article strengthens the impact of the drug Tamoxifen to prolong survival and alleviate symptoms in myotubular myopathyNovember 20, 2018A second article, also published on 19th November in Nature Communications, further demonstrates the potential beneficial effect of Tamoxifen for […]
- Tamoxifen ameliorates MTM-related abnormalities – a new publication in Nature CommunicationsNovember 20, 2018The eminent journal Nature Communications has just published an article on the work of Dr James Dowling and his team at Toronto Hospital for Sick […]
- Audentes Therapeutics Reports Third Quarter 2018 Update and Patient LetterNovember 7, 2018On announcing 3rd quarter financial results for Audentes Therapeutics today, on 6th November, Matthew R. Patterson, Chairman and Chief Executive […]
- New publication in PNAS further confirms the role of DNM2 reduction in potential treatment for centronuclear myopathiesOctober 31, 2018A new publication in the journal PNAS further confirms the role of DNM2 reduction in potential treatment for centronuclear myopathies. Previously the […]
- Reducing DNM2 as a novel therapeutic target for centronuclear myopathy – an end of grant report by Dr Jocelyn Laporte and teamOctober 15, 2018In 2015 the Myotubular Trust awarded a 3 year grant to Dr Jocelyn Laporte and his team at the world renowned laboratory, IGBMC, in Strasbourg, […]