Carolyn is a qualified social worker, complementary therapist and counsellor. She is registered with both HCPC and BACP. Carolyn also has a diploma in counselling supervision and certificate in Family Systems work. Carolyn has worked with children and family throughout her career for over 30 years, including working at the Royal Marsden Hospital paediatric department for 10 years. For the past 10 years Carolyn has worked as a counsellor at Shooting Star Chase Children’s Hospice and is the team leader for the Therapy Team. This role involved 1:1 support for adults and young people as well as facilitating groups for siblings, grandparents and parents whose children are using the hospice service or are bereaved. She also trains and supports the care team. Carolyn also does some sessional work for Jigsaw South East – a service for bereaved children in Surrey and has co-run bereavement groups, facilitated training and supervised staff.
PLEASE DONATECLICK HERE
NEWS & UPDATES
- Batmen and Robin Triumph In The 100K Ultra Challenge from London to BrightonJune 12, 2019Massive congratulations and thanks to university friends, Phil Brunetti, Craig Strachan and Naeem Ghulamali who recently walked the 100km Ultra […]
- Joint research call with the world renowned Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity, and SparksJune 3, 2019Great Ormond Street Hospital Charity and Sparks have announced a national funding call in child health research in 2019/20. Under this funding call […]
- Another innovative approach to treatment for centronuclear and myotubular myopathy from the laboratory of Jocelyn Laporte at IGBMCMay 16, 2019In this study, the researchers found that increasing the level of BIN1 (Amphiphysin 2) rescues myotubular myopathy resulting from a MTM1 defect, in […]
- Jennie’s First MarathonMay 14, 2019Massive congratulations to our long term supporter, Jennie May, who completed the Milton Keynes marathon on 6th May. Jennie ran the marathon, her […]
- Audentes Therapeutics presents the latest positive data from ASPIRO, their gene therapy clinical trial for x-linked myotubular myopathyMay 7, 2019Today, 1st May, at a meeting of the American Society of Gene and Cell Therapy, Audentes announced new positive data from ASPIRO their Phase1/2 […]